Has it ever happened to you that when choosing table legs, you can’t find the perfect models? Completing the design of your dining room, living room or kitchen is close to …. but no one design convinces you completely.
Don’t worry, because setting up your own table is an option that more and more people are choosing. All you have to do is choose a custom-made tabletop and legs that match. In this way, you will get a table that meets your preferences, in a simple and economical way.
However, in this process a few doubts may arise, such as the choice of which legs are the most convenient according to height, material and design. To help you make the right decision, at Emuca we leave you 7 tips for choosing table legs. Let’s get to it!
7 tips for choosing table legs
Nowadays there is a wide variety of options when choosing table legs. So whether you are going to assemble one from scratch or want to give new life to one you have around the house, you are in the right blog.
It is important to keep in mind that these, besides fulfilling the function of supporting the table, are part of the decoration of the home, so a correct choice is crucial. Here are 7 tips to consider, so you can choose the best table legs.
Take into account its shape
As a decorative element, they have begun to be manufactured in different shapes and models, which gives a unique and differentiated style to your home. Among the most popular legs are:
- Rectangular: They give a modern and elegant style, however they are not recommended if there are small children at home, as they have sharp edges.
- Cylindrical: As they do not have any protruding edges, they are safe for households with young children.
- Balls: Especially for nightstands or low tables.
- Turned, carved or curved: Perfect if the priority is the aesthetics of the table.
What is the ideal size and height?
When choosing legs for tables, it is necessary to determine what height you want the table to be. But that’s not all, as the latter must be in accordance with the function it will serve and the weight of the table. One advantage is that some models allow you to adjust the height to suit your tastes and needs.
For example, if you don’t get the ideal bedside table for your young children’s room, you can opt for ones with less height and, when the time comes, change them so that the table grows along with your children.
Similarly, if you want to choose table legs that will be used as a support, the ideal height is 87 cm. In addition, you can opt for adjustable models ranging from 70 to 110 centimeters.
Materials according to their intended use
This will vary according to the type of design and the load requirements of the table, the most common are:
- Wood: Depending on the style of wood it can give a touch of elegance or a more rustic look.
- Aluminum: If you are looking for a contemporary design, this material is ideal, besides it is very resistant to oxidation.
- Epoxy steel: Is robust, comes in different colors and is competitively priced. It should be noted that it oxidizes when scratched.
- Nickel-plated steel: $more resistant than the previous one and easy to maintain.
- Stainless steel: the$ most recommended for outdoor tables.
What is the ideal height for a dining table?
If the space where the table will go is a large dining room, the most recommended legs are those that measure between 70 and 71 cm in height.
In terms of thickness, 60 mm is a good size, which will provide firmness.
To match tiles and decoration
The legs in chrome finish and gray never fail, as they combine with different floors, furniture, appliances and decoration.
In case of legs with wheels
The legs with casters are manufactured in different models according to the use that will be given to them, among which are:
- With brake for immobilization
Is four legs or a central foot better?
Again, this depends on the intended use.
However, if it is a round dining table, it is better and more comfortable if it has a central foot instead of four legs.
Thanks to the tips we have given you, choosing table legs will no longer be a complication. In addition, you can add a touch of originality and style to the room where they are located.
Keep in mind that you can apply this not only if you want to make your own table, but also when you want to give a new look to one you already have at home. At Emuca we know this, that’s why we offer different styles and models of table legs, so you can get the ones that go best with what you are looking for.